Saturday, April 3, 2021

The last photo and the message before leaving Sweden for Eretz Israel on Haganah and Bet Aliyah ship S/S Ulua.

The Holocaust survivors that came to Sweden with White boats, White buses and trains declared thet after recovering in Sweden they want to leave Sweden. Most of the survivors wanted to go to Eretz Israel (British Mandate of Palestine) or to home countries if they had families there that survived the Holocaust or to the America.

This story is to uncover still hidden information about the lives of the Holocaust survivors, in this case the contingent of 550 mostly women who came to Eretz Israel from Sweden in 1947. All of the 550 women and about 94 men were brought to Sweden from the concentration camps in the so called White Boats and White Buses at the end of the WWII (April-July 1945).




For my dearest, one and only cousin, Sali, before my departure to Palestine.

Lola,
I feel your fate and your future so deeply in my heart and I wish that you will come to believe that I will still see you so happy and joyful about life like me in this picture and in reality. Full of happiness and joy I will come toward you.