Friday, March 21, 2008
Nanna lärde Nelly lerpöllek. På Skärtorsdagen återvände Nelly hem, svart som en labrador. En totalfärgförändring efter en promenad med Nanna. Nanna har full förståelse att Nelly älskar gräva upp och gräva sig ned i lerpölarna.
I natt så frös det till. Det tog tid för Nelly att krossa isen till hennes älskade lerpöl. Väl framme drog hon ur pölen lite gammmal jord beblandad med löv.
Därefter började hon vakta sin pöl (bilden).
Nelly med sin familj önskar alla en Glad Påsk.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
|Helena Rozental, nee Polirsztok, my grandmother and one of the 11 children that lived at Elektoralna street 30|
|Bird view of area between Elektoralna street (bottom) and Leszno street (top). Nr. 1 is placed over the house where my grand grandmother Sara, her husband Eliasz Polirsztok and their 11 children lived. Among them my grandmother Helena.|
Family on my mother’s side
Sara, my cousin’s daughter in USA (so called 3rd generation) started to dig in our and our parents past. Here is some information about our grand grandmothers Sara children.
Grand grandmother (the mother of my grandmother Helena that was murdered in Treblinka 1942 top picture): Sara Apenszlak b.18??, died 1920 (when my grandmother Helena was approx. 15 years old).
Sara Apenszlak married Eliasz Polirsztok in 18?? and had 13 children with him. (Aperszlak?)
They all lived in Warsaw on Elektoralna 30 Street, see picture (between Biala and Solna Street).
• Jakub – the oldest
• Dorota – left for USA
• Szlamek – the father of Stefa, Lola, and Ed (Ed came to USA illegally in 1945; his name is/was Ed Poler and probably lives/lived in NYC).
• Roza (Rose) lived in a Polish city of Lódz, married Moniek Sztajnzberg, and had 2 children. Daughter Hanna had a degree in Polish Literature and son Ziutek finished med school in Bratislava (Slovakia). When the WWII broke out they came to Warsaw and then escaped the Germans to Russia. Nobody knows what happened to them.
• Szymon (Simon), a “gorgeous” man, according to family photos
• Justyna, died of typhus, leaving 4 children.
• Jozef (Joseph) died young, leaving wife and a small son
• Helena (My grand mother) and Gabriel Rozental had
3 daughters: Sabina, Lucyna (Lunia) and Krystyna.
• Lodzia, who married Maks Feldberg and had 2 sons: Nikodem and Zdzislaw.
• Leon – died accidentally when he was just one year old (his brother Szymon dropped him when he carried him).
All these people and their families have been murdered in the Holocaust – with a very few exceptions.