Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pańska Skórka (The Lord’s crust) – Torwar ice rink

                 




Pańska Skórka (The Lord’s crust) – 

an icon of my childhood in Warszawa



When you ask about Pańska skórka anywhere else in Poland nobody will probably seem to know what you are talking about… Pańska skórka? What is it? Although known for more than 100 years it remained as Polish capital Warszawa special candy.

Pańska Skórka is a type of chewy candy (similar to taffy) sold at cemetery or ice rinks. I think I bought it twice in my entire life at Torwar ice rink in Warszawa. Torwar was the only ice rink in Warszawa with "open roof". I remember that Dog shows also took place there.

I was always mixing the name 
Pańska skórka 

(The Lord’s crust), saying:

Boże Ciałko 
(The Little Corpus Christi)



How to do 

Pańska Skórka (The Lord’s crust)

The list of local dentist you will find in Yellow Pages!

Przepis na pańską skórkę

  • Czas: ok. 30 minut + chłodzenie
  • Ilość porcji: 12-15 sztuk

Składniki

  • 2 białka
  • 1 szklanka cukru
  • 1/2 szklanka wody
  • 1/2 szklanka miodu
  • 1 łyżka cukru waniliowego
  • 1 łyżka soku malinowego lub różanego lub barwnik