Monday, May 1, 2023

On my way to New York to document and investigate why the sculptures to the memory of Janusz Korczak and the Jewish children who perished in the Holocaust were moved away.

Relief sculptures and commemorative plaques to the memory of Janusz Korczak and the Jewish children who perished in the Holocaust by Nathan Rapoport were until Covid pandemics displayed on the wall of Park Avenue synagogue at 87 E Str. Now they moved away.

Relief sculptures and commemorative plaques to the memory of Janusz Korczak and the Jewish children who perished in the Holocaust by Nathan Rapoport were until Covid pandemics displayed on the wall of Park Avenue synagogue at 87 E Str. One could see them when walking from Madison Avenue. Now they have moved away. Why? This is what I am going to investigate during my time in New York until May 11th. I plan to work in two archives with material that concerns Korczaks Orphanage and Piotrków Trybunalski ghetto. Thereafter, the search for material for my books will be completed. 

This time, I am not going to change the floor in my aunt's kitchen. I completed that work, in her Manhattan flat 4 years ago.




This time in New York, I am not going to change the floor in my aunt's kitchen. That work in her Manhattan flat was completed 4 years ago.