Wednesday, August 20, 2014

KORCZAK monument World Wide Concept! I found out that it is exactly 20 years since I started with Stockholm Holocaust Name Monument at Ile Hoëdic

Dr. Janusz Korczak
"My first monument" Holocaust Name Monument in Stockholm with my grandchild Ebbele or Ebba.
Some old pages from "My first monument". Holocaust Name Monument in Stockholm looks almost like the water aquarelle that was provided by one of my friends.
Now, I am trying to get funds or secure enough (read: more) funds for my new project. KORCZAK monument world wide! I found out that it is exactly 20 years since I started with Stockholm Holocaust Name Monument at Ile Hoëdic. 
Ile Hoëdic is an island off the south coast of Brittany in north-western France. Actually ancestors of Holocaust survivors live there. I was doing it during Summer 1994. At this little island I got a fax from Birgit Friggebo that was at that time Swedish Minister for Culture that she wanted to meet me and discuss it. Earlier, this year I apply for grants for the erection of the Name Monument.
I took a ferry, train and flight from Hoëdic and landed i Stockholm some hours before the meeting...


2014 - project, World Wide Korczak monument started on Finnish island called Degerö....