Thursday, September 20, 2018

Janusz Korczak and Leonardo da Vinci


The artist (unknown at the moment) used the well-known drawing by Leonardo da Vinci (left). His face on the monument can be seen from the front and from the behind.

When in France, I saw this fantastic Leonardo da Vinci monument close to the city Amboise where he is buried. I was back with my thoughts to my planned Janusz Korczak monument as the digital metal cutting technique was the same as I was planning to use. The artist used the well-known drawing by Leonardo da Vinci (left). His face on the monument can be seen from the front and from the behind.

The portrait of a man in red chalk is widely accepted as a self-portrait of Leonardo da Vinci. It is thought that Leonardo da Vinci drew this self-portrait at about the age of 60. The portrait has been extensively reproduced and has become an iconic representation of Leonardo as a polymath or "Renaissance Man".

The link to the Janusz Korczak monument can be found here:
https://jimbaotoday.blogspot.com/2014/08/janusz-korczak-monument-so-it-started.html

When in France, I saw this fantastic Leonardo da Vinci monument close to the city where he is buried - Amboise. I was back with my thoughts to my planned Janusz Korczak monument as the digital metal cutting technique was the same as I was planning to use. The drawing of Janusz Korczak above is by Justyna Bamba (baMba).