Friday, December 13, 2013

One extra Korczak day

In late November I got one extra Korczak day. I got an email from an unknown person who asked me for a picture of Rózia Abramowicz, his aunt, see below:


Janusz Korczak with his staff in a summer camp at the Rózyczka farm in Goclawek, photographed in July 1933. 
In the photo: 
Rózia Lipiec (seated on the left), Korczak, 
Ada Poznanski (seated second from the right), 
Rózia Abramowicz (seated on the right), 
Mania Liberman (standing on the left), 
Saba Leizerowicz (standing second from the right), 
and a man named Woba. 

Rózia Abramowicz

Good Morning Roman.
My name is L. This is about my aunt Roza Abramowicz who was working at Korczak Orphanage. As far as I know so she went along with Korczak and was murdered in Treblinka. My mother and my uncle (no longer alive) were also in Korczaks Orphanage Dom Sierot. I want to ask you if there are somewhere w pictures of my aunt from the time when she worked with Korczak?
Yours sincerely
L

I was first referring to the pictures on my blog and sent to him via e-mail a portrait of her aunt.

It is interesting that he waited until he was "70 minus" to start looking for his aunt. Especially interesting as his parents were also as children, orphans at Dom Sierot.