Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Janusz Korczak Living Heritage Association - Föreningen för Janusz Korczaks Levande Arv and Michał Wróblewski, 40 & 100


I am remembering that time so clearly, when The Janusz Korczak Living Heritage Association started. 40 years ago!

Thanks to my mother and father. After Being in Sweden just for one year they were working actively in their common field - Pedagogy at the Stockholm Teacher's College.
At that time Janusz Korczak and his work was almost unknown in Sweden.

My parents forwarded English translations to young Swedish researchers (at that time) and so it started. Place was Stockholm, Svenska Dagbladets house at Kungsholmen.

My parents new friends from 1969 emigration joined them and supported the idea of
The Janusz Korczak Living Heritage Association - Föreningen för Janusz Korczaks Levande Arv - Stowarzyszenie Korczakowskiego Dziedzictwa.
They are gone now, almost all of them.

Each time I am going to my parents grave, I am visiting their friends graves, I am speaking few words with them.

My fathers first paper about Janusz Korczak was published year 1944, during WWII.

Tomorrow (November 12, 2011), 100 years after Pan Misza - Michał Wasserman Wróblewski, was born and my memories about Him are published in a Polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza.

As it is 11.11.11 today; I have to add another 11. 11 years is a time (1931-1942),my father worked at Dom Sierot with Janusz Korczak. First as an apprentice and thereafter as a teacher and educator.