Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Warszawa, ul. Twarda 3 (1939) - Kopyczyńce (1944) - Righteous Among the Nations - Righteous Gentiles


Polish family Wojciechowscy (Józefa and Michał Wojciechowski) helped my mother when (1942-1944) in Kopyczyńce (ukr. Копичинці) during Holocaust.


My mother in the middle and Józefa and Michał Wojciechowski from Kopyczyńce - the "Righteous Among the Nations" ("Righteous Gentiles") that helped to save Jews from the horrors of the Holocaust, often at great risk to their personal safety. Polish family Wojciechowscy  helped my mother, her sister and sisters son when in Kopyczyńce. Family Wojciechowski also helped Jews hiding in woods around Kopyczyńce by washing and ironing their cloths and giving them food. Picture taken after WWII.


Houses along Twarda street in Warszawa after Luftwaffes action. In the right corner Twarda nr. 7 (with intact roof), threafter house Twarda 5, 3 and 1.  House with a windowfree side wall - Plac Grzybowski 7.

My mothers house after Luftwaffe bombing in September 1939.
My mothers writing - I

My mothers writing - II
My mother in Kopyczyńce